Hate Reading? Watch 2018 UK Plumbing Prices and Costs Video Overview Instead!
Average Plumbing Prices
It can be difficult to establish an average plumbing cost as prices vary considerably depending on a number of factors, including:
- The type and size of the plumbing job – a simple drain unblocking job, for example, will only take a couple of hours at the most and will cost a lot less than installing a whole new bathroom plumbing system, which could take a few days.
- Where you live – the cost of hiring a plumber will vary depending on where you live. Hiring a London plumber, for example, is likely to cost more since prices for all services are generally higher in the capital compared to the rest of the country.
- Plumbing materials – don’t forget that you’ll need to factor in the cost of plumbing materials in addition to labour prices when budgeting for plumbing services. Often, plumbers will be able to get discounted rates for materials.
- Whether you pay a fixed or hourly rate – it’s better to get a fixed quote for your plumbing project before work starts, however, many plumbers charge per hour rates instead.
- If it’s an emergency if you need emergency plumbing services, you may be charged extra, especially if you’re calling a plumber out in the middle of the night, on weekends, holidays or busy periods like winter.
How much should I pay for a plumber per hour?
This will be dependent on your location and the time of day and night.
Some average costs for plumbing work have been compiled to give you an idea of what to expect when you need a plumber:
Hiring a plumber to fit a bathroom can cost an average of £1018.
Call out fee for an emergency can cost an average of £135.
Plumbing installation services can cost an average of £164.
Replacing a kitchen sink can cost an average of £575.
Replacing a toilet can cost an average of £115 for labour only.
Replacing a hot water tank can cost an average of £460.
Replacing a bath can cost an average of £185 for labour only.
- Replacing a washer in a leaky tap is an average of £50.
Labour Costs for Plumbers
The rates for plumbers vary significantly and depends on if a plumber charges by the hour or by the project cost. Always get a quoted price so you can budget for the plumbing costs. It is common for repairs to be charged at an hourly rate. Ask the plumber how long a job like this would normally take him and this will give you the price the job may cost.
- Average hourly rate for a plumber in the UK is between £20 and £40
How Much Does it Cost to Unblock a Drain?
Blocked drains can be a serious issue over time and can cause flooding and damp that penetrates into your home. A minor blockage is easily and quickly cleared by a plunger but a more serious blockage will need the services of a qualified plumber. The prices will vary depending on the size and location of the blockage.
- Drain unblocking will cost around £88
Get more information on drain unblocking prices.
How Much Does a CCTV Drain Survey Cost?
If you are constantly having problems with blocked drains you will need a CCTV survey carried out to determine the cause. A professional plumber will insert a camera inside the drains to find the cause.
On average a CCTV survey costs around £120
ACO Drain Price Guide
ACO drains are designed to funnel any water away from a property and prevent flooding. These are good drains for sloping blocks and in areas that are prone to flooding. The price will depend on the size of drains and the material used.
- Average cost of ACO drain installation is around £189
Get more information on ACO drain prices.
How Much Does Drain Lining Cost?
Drain lining is applied to drains and pipes to increase their life span and to repair minor cracks and holes. Get a professional plumber who will install the lining without taking the pipes apart. Prices vary depending on the length of pipes being lined.
- On average 10 meters of drain lining is around £750
Plumbing Price Guide
We have listed some common plumbing work along with the price you can expect to pay for the job.
How Much Does Drain Cleaning Cost?
Always hire a professional to clean out the drains on your property as they will use the proper equipment and cleaners. They will also advise you of any other work that is needed.
Drain cleaning prices:
Initial inspection can cost up to £150
The plumbing cost of unblocking a toilet can cost around £80
The plumbing costs for a system scrub and clean of your gas central heating system is an average price of £370
Get more specific information on drain cleaning costs.
Steel & Copper Pipe Prices
If you are building a home, adding a bathroom or replacing old plumbing it will need to have new pipes laid. Pipes are made of different materials but the best to sue are steel or copper pipes. Galvanized steel pipes are hard wearing and will last a long time. Steel is more expensive than copper but copper is not as resilient as steel.
Average price of new steel pipes in a four bedroom semi-detached house is around £20117 for the entire plumbing system
Average cost of installing new copper pipes in a four bedroom semi-detached house is around £13954 for the entire plumbing system
A 3-meter length of 28mm diameter copper pipe costs on average £6.72
Get more details on steel and copper pipe price information.
Get FREE no obligation quotes and see costs in your area now!