How Much Does a Dormer Loft Conversion Cost?
A new loft conversion is a great way to add extra space to your home, whether it’s for an additional bedroom, a new office space or study area, an extra bathroom, or even a quiet hang-out space with a pool table or home cinema. Whatever you want it for, a loft can be converted into almost anything. But if you fancy widening the room a bit and making it feel more spacious, why not look into a dormer loft conversion?
Dormer Loft Conversion Cost
So just how much does a dormer loft conversion cost? To help give you a rough idea of how much it will set you back and to help you start budgeting properly, we’ve put together a few quotes from the following websites which list the average cost of dormer loft conversion:
- The average cost of a Dormer Loft Conversion at between £19,000 and £35,000
Remember, these quotes are just average speculations, and should not be used for any accurate purchasing or planning. To get the most accurate figures possible, always compare a number of different quotes from various local and national loft conversion specialists; that way you’ll have plenty of time to find a good deal that suits your design and final budget.
Summary of Dormer Loft Conversion Costs
- Price Range = £19,000 to £35,000
- Average Cost = £28,500
- Cheapest Price = £19,000
Building Regulations for Dormer Loft Conversions
You will also need to obtain Building Regulations Approval from your Local Authority before construction work on your dormer loft conversion begins; and once you have it, you need to stick to all the rules and guidelines they specify. These will include:
- Checking the roof for intrusive structures, such as chimney flutes, that may affect construction
- Fitting new support beams and floor joists to keep the new floor level secure
- Underpinning the internal (and perhaps even external) walls of the property. This is an invasive and timely task, so may involve you and your family finding alternative living arrangements for a short period of time.
It may sound a little daunting and like a lot of work, but once the dormer loft conversion is finished, you and your family will have an extra, comfortable living space to take advantage of – not to mention adding a bit of value to your property!
Get FREE no obligation quotes and see costs in your area now!