How Much Do Attic Conversions Cost?
For many homeowners, attic space is often left as half-empty storage, ignored for most of the year and ventured into only when some old, lost item needs to be retrieved from its corners. But if you’re struggling for a room downstairs, why not clear out all the old stuff and turn the extra space into something practical? A loft conversion is great if you’re in need of an additional bedroom, a study or office space, or even a quiet living area where you can relax by escaping the stress of life downstairs. Plus it works out as a great investment, even adding value to your property in the long run!
Before you begin, you should first check whether or not you need
Attic Conversion Cost Summary:
- Price Range = £14,900 to £25,700
- Average Cost = £20,000
- Cheapest Price = £12,500
Detailed Cost of Attic Conversion
Attic conversion costs vary depending on size and your design specifications but to help you get started, we’ve compiled the following list which gives a rough idea of recent attic conversion prices:
- Structural Alterations: including strengthening via beam and joist installation, plus secured flooring and all joinery work will cost between £2,000 and £5,000
- Insulation: roof and flooring if necessary, including all boarding and plastering will cost between £800 and £1,200
- Windows: two small or one large velux-style skylights, double glazed will cost between £1,800 and £3,500
- Bathroom installation: including plumbing and pipework, plus toilet and single washbasin fittings costs between £6,000 and £8,000
- Wiring and electrics: including all lighting facilities and two power sockets costs between £3,500 and £5,000
- Painting and decorating: interior design, paint, wallpaper and all minor fixtures and fittings costs between £800 and £3,000.
- TOTAL ATTIC CONVERSION COST: £14,900 to £25,700
Of course, these figures just outline the average cost of an attic conversion; for more specific and accurate details regarding your particular property and loft design, you should contact a fully qualified surveyor or loft conversion company to carry out a preliminary inspection to help you reach quotes more suited to your loft conversion plans.
Get FREE no obligation quotes and see costs in your area now!